BB-HCM 515A: PRO MODEL – Outdoor Network Camera with 2-Way Audio. POE-ready.
See There When You Can’t Be There™
These cameras can be viewed and controlled from a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA. Place them in your home, office, vacation home or almost anywhere else that you’d like to keep an eye on things, with no PC required on location! They are easy to install and operate and require no additional software for the PC that you’re viewing them on. Each camera also comes with a free Web address, which can track the camera automatically. All you need is a regular Web browser to view them on your PC, as all of the other required software, including control software (TCP/UDP) and e-mail software (SMTP), is already inside the camera.
Can Be Used Outdoors
This model was designed for outdoor operation, and meet both IPX4 and UL6500 standards of outdoor equipment. They operate down to -4°F and up to 122°F, and are splash resistant for wet-weather operation.
Two-Way Voice Communication
Use of the built-in microphone and a separately purchased amp-equipped speaker enables two-way voice communication (transceiver system) between the network camera and a PC used to monitor the camera image. In addition to conventional monitoring of images and sound, voice messages can be transmitted from the PC to the network camera. Voice transmission and reception can be switched easily from the PC used to monitor the image.
CCD Sensor for Enhanced Image Expression
This camera features a CCD (Charged Couple Device) for sharp, enhanced image expression. The image refreshing speed (maximum) has been increased to 30 images per second for smoother displays of moving images.
Record Directly onto SD Cards
The BB-HCM515A features an SD Memory Card slot for recording images captured by the network camera directly onto an SD Memory Card (sold separately).
* Voices cannot be recorded.
Simple Ethernet Connection – No PC Required
Our cameras are attached through an Ethernet connection (or router) and power source, you don’t need a computer at each location you want monitored. Each camera has a built-in Web server with IP address. To view the camera’s images on a PC, simply open a graphics-capable Web browser and type in the cameras specified Internet address(password optional).
Control the Camera Remotely
Using a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA, you can control the movement of the camera. There is 120º of Pan (left & right) movement and 65º of Tilt (up & down) movement available. You can also assign a “Home Position” that allows you to return the camera to a pre-designated shooting position. Up to eight shooting positions can be registered in advance, so you can aim the camera exactly where you want it. You can also click on the part of the image you want to see, and automatically bring that part to the center of the screen.
Record Only What You Want to Record
The camera can be set to automatically record video at certain times and certain speeds. In addition, with optional, external sensors attached to the camera, it is possible for the camera to email or record when triggered by motion, sound, light, timer, or even a push button. These convenient functions eliminate your need to constantly check the image.
Create Your Own Free Web Address
The FREE viewnetcam.com service allows you to create a personal Web address (e.g., http://bob.viewnetcam.com) at which your camera’s live image can be found on the Internet. Access your Panasonic Network Camera live from virtually any Internet connection point around the world! Your Web browser is the only software you’ll need. Here’s how the camera and service works: special software embedded within your Panasonic Network Camera gives your camera the ability to locate your unique Internet address. No matter what kind of Internet connection you have or which Internet provider you use, the viewnetcam.com service will keep your camera’s Internet address permanent.
Sensor Recording and Email Alerts
With the built-in heat sensor, the camera can be set to record and/or notify you by email when someone enters the room. It can even automatically move to a preset location when triggered, just in case someone was viewing a different part of the room.
- Connecting the camera to the Internet requires Internet access and may require that you obtain additional hardware such as a cable or DSL modem, or a hub or router with a 10Base-T Ethernet connection. The camera will not be accessible from across the Internet unless the Internet connection is active. We cannot guarantee that your Internet connection will always be available. The frame rate of the motion image may be dependent upon the uplink speed of the Internet connection and other factors. Viewing may involve some time delay. Recommended minimum 100kbps upstream bandwidth for camera.
- This function can be used with a PC only. It cannot be used with a cell phone. To hear the voice transmitted from the PC, a commercially available speaker with a built-in amp must be installed. The transceiver system does not allow simultaneous transmission and reception of voices. A version upgrade may be required if you use under IPv6.
- Image resolution: 320 x 240 or 160 x 120.
- Email transmission may not be possible in some cases due to the mail server authentication system (SMTP authentication, etc.) used by your Internet service provider.